Friday, December 20, 2013

Front Wheel

It's been awhile since my last update. I had to let the bank account catch up ;) So, I've purchased a few tasty items to use on the bike, most of all, Wheels! Velocity Dyad 700c 36Hole MSW.

I decided I'd build the wheels up myself, just for the learning experience. It was only a $50.00 difference between building them myself, and having a shop do it. To be honest, I should have gone with the shop option as it took a good 6 hours of assembling, evaluating, disassembling, reassembling, etc.
I'm not sure the $50.00 savings was worth the frustration.

Anyway, the front wheel is laced. Since I'm a bit of a fatty, I laced it cross 4, which is supposedly stronger than cross 3 which is the most common lacing pattern.
I still need to tune the wheel, but I'm so tired of fooling with it right now, I'm going to take the rest of the night off. I also need to build the rear wheel, but that's going to have to wait for another day.

Once I've built both wheels, I'll be able to line up the p-clips for my racks a little more accurately, and take the frame in to have brazeons installed, which is a whole rant in itself. Stupid bike company building a road bike without even water bottle brazeons.

That's all for tonight, I think. Have a good weekend and Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment